Even the best employees can fall short of our expectations at times. As frustrating as that can be, most business owners don’t realise that it’s really that their expectations aren’t clear enough. Even if your business has been running on systems for a while, you’re bound to run into some resistance from time to time. The key to unlocking better accountability and boosting team performance lies in clear communication and a solid framework for overcoming resistance.
In this video, David Jenyns dives into the importance of understanding the root causes of resistance and provides a step-by-step framework to help get team members back on track.
Check out this video below to learn more about how to optimise by capturing the most probable.
0:12 – You can’t get them to follow a process if you don’t have a process, yet.
0:29 – The first step is to capture your systems.
1:45 – The framework for overcoming resistance.
2:12 – Reasons an employee might not be doing work.
4:02 – The system outlines why and how to do the work.
4:32 – Employees that just don’t want to do the work.
5:50 – Isolate and solve the issues to remove the excuses.
In this video you’ll learn:
- How the first step to getting team members to do the job right is up to you.
- The three reasons why tasks don’t get done
- How to prevent systems compliance issues before they arise
- And exactly how to address issues if they do arise
- A simple, but highly effective script when someone isn’t doing what’s expected of them.
- What to do if someone simply doesn’t want to do the task.